Switch to First American
We understand what a hassle it can be to switch banks. So we want to make your transition to First American Bank as smooth and effortless as possible.
Here are a few simple steps to follow:
1. Learn why First American Bank is the right bank for you.
- Find the right product for you:
- Learn about our Online and Mobile banking services.
- Find First American locations near you.
2. When you're convinced First American is the bank for you, we're ready to open your new account!
- Fill out an application for your new account or visit one of our branches and apply in person.
- If you apply online, we'll process your request right away and provide further instruction.
- Transfer your direct deposit from your former bank to your new First American Bank account. Fill out the Direct Deposit Form (PDF), sign it and mail it to your employer.
- Enroll in Online Banking and Mobile Banking.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
3. When direct deposit into your new account begins, we can take care of automatic payments you may need to transfer.
- Review your most recent statement at your former bank and determine all automatic payments and credits that need to be transferred to your First American Bank account.
- See a list of common billers of our customers. Most offer an option to change your payment instructions online.
- To transfer your automatic payments via letter, complete the Automatic Payment Transfer Form, print it, sign it and mail it to the biller.
4. When the automatic payments and credits have cleared your account, it's time to close your old account.
- Deposit the remaining balance from your old account to your new First American Bank account.
- Complete the Account Closing Letter, print it, sign it and send it your former bank.
Make sure you keep your old account open until the automatic payments and direct deposit/credits have cleared your new account. This process may take up to 60 days.
5. Enjoy your new First American Bank account. Let us know what we can do to improve your experience.
If you have any questions or would rather speak with a First American Bank representative to discuss your options, call 847-952-3700 and we'll help you get started.