Though geared toward tweens ages 8 to 14, the lessons instilled in MoneyIsland will serve the players throughout their adult life.
The curriculum in MoneyIsland is aligned with national standards published by the Jump$tart Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy. MoneyIsland is designed to build skills in three basic areas: Managing Money, Saving & Investing, and Using Credit Wisely.
The lessons are presented in quests to exotic places, including:
- Eiffel Tower--Spend, Grow, and Give
- Great Wall of China--Want & Needs and Taxes
- Sphinx--Types of Income
- Atlantis--Using Credit Wisely
- Big Ben--Understanding Interest
- Acropolis--Building Wealth
Download a PDF copy of the complete Teacher's Guide.